Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Trip to the Farm

Yesterday Macey and I went to a petting farm with my friend Becky and her sweet little boy Mason. We’ve read to Macey about farms and little farm animals, but this was Macey’s first visit to a farm. Macey got to see lots of animals and she was even able to pet and feed some of them. She saw cows and calves, horses and ponies, goats, llamas, sheep, turkeys, chickens, pigs, ducks, bunnies, and an ornery little donkey that seemed to want to nibble at her toes.                                              

 P1020996   P1020998 

There was a cute little lamb that I let her feed. I helped her as I didn’t want the corn kernels to end up in her mouth rather than the lamb’s mouth. That’s a problem with the bread when we feed the ducks. So much of the bread goes into her mouth rather than the pond. Macey also got to go on a horse pulled wagon ride. She did fabulous. She sat contently on my lap the entire time, looked around and occasionally put some cheese in her mouth. She loves cheese and would eat it all the time if we let her.

P1030001   P1030005

The highlight of the farm was Macey’s first ride on a little pony. At first, she seemed to enjoy the ride, but toward the end she was ready for Mommy to hold her. She’s definitely a Mommy’s girl, which I love.

P1030009   P1030015

After the farm, we were so hot that we took a dip in the kiddie pool. Macey enjoyed the water much more this time since it was nice and warm. She splashed, crawled, and climbed the edges of the pool. I just sat and played lifeguard. By the time we got out and I got her dressed she was so tired. I gave Macey a bottle and within seconds she was sound asleep.

                      P1030016   P1030020

This is a funny video of Macey after she woke up from her nap. She looks pretty sleepy. We’re working on waving hello and goodbye, which she’ll only do with both hands. She’s super cute!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys decided to update. Your daughter is adorable!!! Good luck with pregnancy number 2...I'd say its easier than the 1st, but lets be honest its not. Its all worth it though.

    ReplyDelete